Donate

Monetary Donations

Your financial contributions make a difference!

Goodwill Keystone Area receives a portion of its income from store sales and government fee for service contracts. This revenue covers a large part – but not all – of our operating, administrative and capital costs.

Private support enables us to develop innovative, nationally recognized programs and it gives us the flexibility to address emerging needs long before government programs can respond.

Make a secure online donation through your PayPal account or any debit or credit card. Your donation will make a difference in the lives of those we serve. Thank you.

Acceptance Mark

Reduce Your Tax Burden

It's not too late to reduce your taxes and help people in need at the same time. Donations to Goodwill directly support our mission of providing training to people who want to work, helping them become independent, tax-paying members of the community.

The American Institute of Philanthropy (AIP) recently gave Goodwill an "A" for the percentage of its revenue spent on charitable programs.

“Goodwill Keystone Area returns an average of 90 percent of all revenue raised from the sale of donated goods to support job-training and rehabilitation programs. The other 10 percent of revenue raised is used to meet overhead costs, such as rent for retail outlets, utility bills, and insurance.” Gary McElwain, former President and CEO.

Security

Goodwill trusts and respects the dignity and privacy of every person. Confidentiality of your information is safeguarded and is never sold, traded or released to any other organization. Our web site uses the highest security to ensure that your credit card information and records remain confidential. To guard against fraud, your information is digitally encrypted and automatically passed directly to the individuals responsible for processing your gift.

If you would like more information or prefer to give your credit card information over the telephone, please contact the Development office at 800.432.GIVE(4483).

Planned Giving

    Equities

    You can get a charitable tax deduction for the current fair market value of any appreciated stock you have held for more than one year. Contact the Executive Vice President at 800.432.GIVE(4483) to find out how your broker can make a simple electronic stock transfer. If your stock has depreciated, you might be better off selling it first, taking a tax loss, and then contributing the proceeds to get a charitable deduction. Please consult your tax advisor before making your decision.

    Bequests

    Once you have taken care of your loved ones, you can designate Goodwill Industries Keystone Area Foundation or Goodwill Keystone Area as a direct or remainder beneficiary in your will. You can also designate us as a remainder beneficiary of your retirement plan. Unless you want to give a major portion of your assets to the state, it is essential to protect your life's work and your family by making a will. For more information or to arrange a tour of our programs, call 800.432.GIVE(4483) or send a message to our Executive Vice President.

    Real Estate

    Goodwill does accept donations of real estate and other forms of personal property. Due to the unique circumstances of each transaction please contact us to discuss your specific gift. Contact our Executive Vice President at 800.432.GIVE(4483).

A copy of the official registration and financial information for Goodwill Keystone Area may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll free within Pennsylvania, 1-800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.