SILENT AUCTION OVERVIEW
Some of our stores offer a silent auction.
- The special or notable items displayed in this case are sold by silent auction.
- All bids are recorded in a binder.
- Some items may be available as “Buy it Now.” (see below)
- Silent auction items are not eligible for discounts.
HOW TO BUY AUCTION ITEMS
- Bidder numbers must be obtained prior to placing a bid.
- A new bidder number must be obtained prior to each and every auction.
- You may only place a bid with your personal bidder number.
- Bidder numbers are not required for “Buy it Now” purchases.
PLACE A BID
- Obtain a bidder number from a Goodwill associate.
- Find the bid card for the item that you are interested in.
- Check the details at the top of the form to make sure you can buy the item.
- To place a bid, use a new line to add your bidder number, date, and bid.
BUY IT NOW
- Select items are available for immediate purchase.
- These items list a “Buy it Now” purchase price.
- “Buy it Now” is available at any time, even if the item already has a bid.
- To purchase, ask a Goodwill associate for assistance.
- Only legible bids will be accepted.
- Phone bids are not permitted.
- All bids must be made in whole dollar increments or will be rounded up to the next dollar.
- All items sold to highest bidder.
- All auctions end at 6pm on the specified date (unless otherwise noted).
- Winners will be notified before close of business the following business day.
- Winners must arrange to pick up item(s) within 48 hours of contact or the item will go to the next highest bidder.
- In the event there are multiple bidders present for the close of an auction who are interested in the same item, a Goodwill associate will conduct a “bid-off.” In a bid-off, each bidder will be handed a slip to confidentially write their final maximum bid. The associate will collect the bids and award the highest bidder.
- All bids are taken seriously. Retracting bids and/or refusing items must be approved by management and can result in being banned from future silent auctions.
- Silent auction items are offered in “as-is” condition. Authenticity of items is not guaranteed.
- All sales are final. Silent auction items are not eligible for exchange or return, so please carefully inspect item(s) before placing a bid.
- We reserve the right to remove items or cancel bids at any time.