Events: The Goodwill Re-Design Contest
The Re-Design Contest offers aspiring fashion designers, students, fashionistas and hobbyists the opportunity to show their creativity by repurposing items purchased at Goodwill. Finalists will have the opportunity to display their work at the Goodwill Runway Show on April 24, 2014 at the Body Zone, Wyomissing, PA. Doors open at 4:30pm, the show begins at 6:30pm. The show is Goodwill's largest fundraiser in Berks County. For more information about the Goodwill Runway Show, go to http://yourgoodwill.org/news_events/runway_show.php
Create an innovative look that is experimental and pushes boundaries.
Men's Shirt Remix
Repurpose a men's shirt(s) into a completely different ready-to-wear piece.
Construct an accessory (i.e. handbag, hat, jewelry or shoes) using a variety of items.
2013 RE-DESIGN WINNERS
Click Here to see the 2013 Re-Design Winners Featured in Berks County Living http://www.berkscountyliving.com/December-2013/The-Future-of-Fashion/
- All entries will be judged on their photo submission and entry form. Entries will be judged on the criteria of use of Goodwill items, overall appearance, originality, and technical ability.
- After all entries are reviewed, finalists will be announced Friday, April 4, 2014 on Goodwill Keystone Area's:
- Finalists will be invited to show their re-design on the runway at the Goodwill Runway Show. Finalists will receive two tickets for you and a guest to the Goodwill Runway Show (valued at $80). If you are selected you must be available April 23 from 5pm to 8:30pm for Runway Show rehearsal.
- Winners will be announced at the Goodwill Runway Show. There will be a winner in each category: Avant Garde, Men's shirt Remix, and Accessories. Additionally, there will be a Fan Favorite Award which is determined by votes via social media.
- Finalists will receive two tickets for you and a guest to the Goodwill Runway Show (valued at $80).
- Winners in each category will be featured in Berks County Living, receive a $50 Goodwill gift card and have their work displayed at GoggleWorks.
HOW TO ENTER
Click here for entry form. Entries must include:
- A completed entry form
- An electronic submission of photographs (include a photograph of items before repurposing and photographs after completion of front, back and side views)
- Goodwill receipt(s) attach receipts to entry form
- Entry deadline is March 28. Entries must be submitted by 5pm on March 28, 2014. Send via email or postal mail.
- Postal Entries
- Completed entry form
- Photographs (Please include a photograph of items before repurposing and photographs after completion of front, back and side views. USB flash drive, CD or hard-copy photographs will be accepted.
- A copy of Goodwill sales receipt(s)
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email Entries
- Put “Re-Design Contest Entry” in the subject line
- Photographs - include a photograph of items before repurposing and photographs after completion of front, back and side views
- A scanned copy of Goodwill sales receipt(s)
- Mail to: Goodwill Keystone Area, Attention: Goodwill Runway Show, 1150 Goodwill Drive, Harrisburg, PA 17101
NOTE ABOUT ENTRIES
- Contestants may only submit one entry per category, but can enter in all three design categories.
- Contestants are required to use at least one item from Goodwill in each entry.
Call 717-525-6208 or email email@example.com.